Tuesday 23 July 2013

I've been on a training course!

I thought it was time I learned how to do the job properly so I went on a training course, a Christmas present from Mum.
The course was at Sugar Celebrations in Gloucester, run by Carole Stafford. It was a really good course, I learned so much from it and the result was all I could have hoped for. Based on a six inch round fruit cake, in four lessons we learned how to marzipan and sugar paste the cake to get a flat, even covering, and how to make flowers and produce the impressive decoration topping the cake. The arrangement on the top took almost ten metres of ribbon and, as well as the large flower at the front, had thirty little flowers and thirty assorted buds on it. This took up a lot of the course but was so worthwhile.  I had to miss one of the sessions so missed out on making a frill that should have gone around the side of the cake, but even without that I was really pleased with the result.

Training course cake
A spectacular arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment