Tuesday 16 July 2013

Christmas cake 2012

This was the second time I'd tried to decorate a Christmas cake. I had no idea what I was doing really, just knew what I was trying to achieve.
I made a fruit cake from a Delia Smith kit from Waitrose - really good cake and the instructions were a doddle to follow - and the results were exactly what you'd expect from Delia; perfect.
Marzipan and paste all from the supermarket and I just had a go. Surprisingly the marzipan and paste went on smoothly but as I made the red ribbon from sugar paste too it was too soft to hold it's shape very well so the bow looked a little tired, but the family all admired it and I was happy with what I'd achieved. Certainly encouraged enough to have another go, work on getting better and learn how to do it properly.

Christmas present cake

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty neatly wrapped "parcel" - it's hard to cover square cakes - this is a good show matey! Well done!

    ReplyDelete