Monday 15 July 2013

How it all began

I've been baking cakes for many years - fairy cakes, sponges, fruit cakes, loaf cakes - nothing too complicated but almost always tasty. A couple of years ago I made a Delia Smith Christmas cake and fancied having a go at decorating it.
A few weeks before Christmas, however, I broke my little finger so my efforts were pretty limited but I enjoyed doing it, and the plain sugar paste covered cake with a marzipan and paste Christmas tree surrounded with presents seemed to go down well with the family.
I hadn't achieved what I wanted on that occasion so I decided that the next Christmas I'd have another go. And the rest is history, as they say.
Since I've starting mentioning to people I decorate cakes they always ask if they can see any pictures, so here you are, all my cakes from Christmas 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment