Sunday 25 May 2014

90th Birthday heart

From one end of the age spectrum to the other, I was asked to make a cake for a 90th birthday. The brief was for heart-shaped, pink with red flowers, but also to be half chocolate and half vanilla inside.
Heart-shaped cake tins sorted out the shape, then I made one chocolate cake and one plain, cut them in half so I could make the right hand chocolate, which I filled with chocolate buttercream and chocolate spread (you can't have too much chocolate), and the other side I filled as usual with vanilla buttercream and strawberry jam.
Pink paste covered the cake and I made a little vase for three roses on top. Round the edges little paste flowers and piped red dots. Simple but effective I feel and the feedback was positive so I think I met the brief.

Ednas 90th

No comments:

Post a Comment